Supplemental range rules may be in effect for public events like block shoots, trap shoots and cowboy action shooting. The Range Officer, or Safety Officer, will review all range rules prior to the start of the event.
INDOOR RANGE RULES
1. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR ILLEGAL DRUGS TO BE ON THE PREMISES.
2. No unauthorized personnel on the range — club members and guests only.
3. Must have club membership card with you and be willing to show it upon request by any member.
4. Must be 18 years old to shoot; if younger must be accompanied by and adult member.
5. Member must be 18 years old to bring a guest to shoot.
6. Ten (10) Commandments of safety also apply.
7. .22 rim fire-pistol, rifle and bow and arrow only. NO .17 and .22 MAGNUM OR LARGER CALIBER ALLOWED.
8. Shoot at provided ranges and targets only. No shooting at cans and bottles.
9. All shooting must be done on the inside range not from meeting room.
10. Clear range of people before closing of action and shooting. All people must be behind the firing line.
11. Keep the range clean. There are garbage cans on the range: “USE THEM”.
12. A continuing infraction of the range rules will result in dismissal from the club.
13. Report all conditions when leaving by filling out the log book in the club house.
OUTDOOR RANGE RULES
NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR ILLEGAL DRUGS TO BE ON THE PREMISES.
No unauthorized personnel on the range—club members and guests only.
Must have club membership card with you and be willing to show it upon request by any member.
Must be 18 years old to shoot; if younger must be accompanied by an adult member.
Members must be 18 years old to bring a guest to shoot.
Ten (10) Commandments of safety also apply.
Shoot in daylight hours only, except block shoots or upon approval of the membership.
Shoot at provided ranges and approved targets only, no shooting at cans, bottles, or target supports. All targets need to be approved at a club meeting by the membership.
Benches are to remain at present locations.
Clear range of people before closing of action and shooting. All People must be behind the firing line.
Keep vehicles off of the range.
Keep the range clean. Please remove all targets, brass and trash.
Any continuing infraction of the range rules will result in dismissal from the club.
Report all conditions when leaving by filling out the log book in the club house.
No fully Automatic shooting, Bump shooting or shooting from the hip allowed on the range.
The Ten Commandments of Firearms Safety should be etched in your memory forever. Let them govern your actions wherever and whenever you're involved with firearms. In the woods. On the range. Or in your home. Please take time to review and understand these rules.
Don't be timid when it comes to gun safety. If you observe anyone violating any safety precautions, you have an obligation to suggest better handling practices. Please read these rules carefully and follow the safety procedures outlined. Firearm safety is up to you. Make no mistake about it.
1. ALWAYS KEEP THE MUZZLE POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION.
2. FIREARMS SHOULD BE UNLOADED WHEN NOT ACTUALLY IN USE.
3. DON'T RELY ON YOUR GUN'S "SAFETY".
4. BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEHIND IT.
5. USE THE CORRECT AMMUNITION FOR YOUR FIREARM.
6. IF YOUR GUN FAILS TO FIRE WHEN THE TRIGGER IS PULLED,HANDLE WITH CARE.
7. ALWAYS WEAR EYE AND EAR PROTECTION WHEN SHOOTING.
8. BE SURE THE BARREL IS CLEAR OF OBSTRUCTIONS BEFORE SHOOTING.
9. DON'T ALTER YOUR GUN, AND HAVE YOUR GUNS SERVICED REGULARLY.
10. LEARN THE MECHANICAL & HANDLING CHARACTERISTICS OF THE FIREARM YOU ARE USING.